- Join, Give
- Write Us
Founded in 1947, The Shaker Historical Society is a non-profit, educational organization committed to preserving our history, educating students of all ages, and interpreting our collections for the benefit of residents and visitors alike.
What we do for Shaker Heights and Greater Cleveland:
- Preserve and exhibit collections of artifacts, documents and photographs
- Educate students of all ages about early life in historic Shaker Heights
- Celebrate our history and architecture through community events and programs
- Collaborate with the City of Shaker Heights and other local groups to preserve and protect Shaker Heights’ historic buildings and scenic landscapes
- Bring art from Northeast Ohio to your doorstep on South Park Blvd in the Lissauer Gallery
The Shaker Historical Society is located at 16740 South Park Boulevard in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Here, we display artifacts, documents and photographs from our collections; provide information on Shaker Heights’ history and current events, and host educational programs. We also operate a small gift shop offering our publications, Shaker gifts, and local wares.
Please stop by and visit soon!
President, Board of Trustees
Also, we are going GREEN with our member newsletters! If you would like to see what we have been doing, please follow these two links and let us know what you think.
Summer 2014 http://www.flipsnack.com/98A75F7D75E/the-journal-the-shaker-historical-society-newsletter-summer-201.html
Spring 2014, Vol I. http://www.flipsnack.com/98A75F7D75E/fzhfrm3m & Vol. II http://www.flipsnack.com/98A75F7D75E/fu3ldi5i
Save the Date!
- April 29, 2014On Your Bike!
- August 1, 2014Paths of Pleasure: The Art of Carl Krabill
- August 31, 2014Museum Closed
- September 2, 2014Shaker Cures: Natural Medicine in the Valley of God\\'s Pleasure
TagsAdd new tag art artifacts artist Blog centennial cleveland Collections collections Current Exhibit Education education event Events events exhibit Exhibits exhibits food Gracious Gardens of Shaker Heights History history intern internship Library and Archives Lissauer Art Gallery membership museum News Past Exhibits Permanent Exhibits programs shaker shaker heights Shaker Historical Society shakers Summer intern terminal tower textiles Tour tour van sweringen Virtual Tour wool